What is Endoscopic Brain Surgery?
Endoscopic brain surgery is a method used especially to deal with brain tumors. It is a minimally invasive brain surgery (MIBS) that allows neurosurgeons to determine and treat disorders that are deep in the brain
Minimally invasive brain surgeries are known to treat less invasively than older techniques like open brain surgery; in addition, it also provides an in-depth view of the brain.
Dr. Deep Parmar Is the Best Endoscopic Brain Surgery in Ahmedabad, Gujarat – India.
What is the procedure of Endoscopic Brain Surgery?
There is a thin tube that broadcasts video of the brain. It is inserted in the skull through one or two cuts. This tube-like apparatus called an endoscope is attached to a small camera that allows the neurosurgeon to see explicit images of the issue region in the brain. It has truly transformed the idea of treating tumors as it gives such clear visualization of the tumor. We can also access the brain by inserting the endoscope via other openings of our body like the nose and sinuses.
The neurosurgeon will utilize the images conveyed by the endoscope as a guide for removing the tumor or treating the affected region of the patient’s brain. The process of removal of tumors is performed very carefully by surgical instruments.
Benefits of Endoscopic Brain Surgery
Other than being less invasive, it also offers less pain and quick recoveries. Endoscopic Brain surgery reduces the risk of brain trauma, has lesser side effects and the post-operation stay in the hospital is also for a little amount of time.
Risks Associated with Endoscopic Brain Surgery
With any surgery, there are risks involved. Even though the probability of a patient experiencing these is rare, doctor-patient communication is very important. Patients must know the procedure and the risks involved.
- Facing Problems with functions like speech, vision, memory, etc.
- Blood clot
That Dr. Deep Parmar is the “Best endoscopic brain surgery in Ahmedabad” and performs endoscopic brain surgery in a well-equipped center.
Endoscopic brain surgery: What is it?
- The main indication for endoscopic brain surgery is the treatment of brain tumors.
- Deep-brain disorders can be found and treated by neurosurgeons using this minimally invasive brain surgery.
- Compared to conventional open brain surgery, this surgery enables us to treat brain tumors less invasively while still providing us with a thorough view of the brain.
- This treatment involves inserting a thin tube through one or two tiny incisions in the skull or a bodily hole to transmit video pictures of the brain.
- An endoscope is a tube-shaped device with a tiny camera that gives a neurosurgeon clear views of the affected area of the brain.
- Endoscopic methods have significantly changed the way we treat tumors, in part because they allow us to see the tumor so well.
- Additionally, we don’t always need to enter the brain through the skull when using this method.
- Through passageways like the nose and sinuses, we can also enter the brain.
- When removing the tumor or making repairs to the patient’s damaged brain, the neurosurgeon will use the images sent by the endoscope as a guide.
- With the aid of specialist surgical tools, the tumor or damaged area is removed.
- A narrow, lighted tube with a tiny video camera on the end is called an endoscope, and it is used by an otolaryngologist to first make a surgical passage to the base of the skull.
- The otolaryngologist will next carry out the delicate treatment to carefully detach the tumor and remove it through the nose in collaboration with a neurosurgeon.
- The endoscope enables the surgeons to remove the tumor while protecting healthy tissue.
- After that, the surgeons repair the skull base to completely close it and close the gap between the brain and the nose.
- The majority of patients heal far more quickly, with fewer difficulties, and without any obvious scars.
- Patients with benign tumors, including pituitary adenomas, are most frequently treated with this innovative endoscopic surgical method.
- However, surgeons are beginning to remove specific brain tumors using it as well.
- This novel method may be used to treat a variety of lesions, such as:
- thyroid tumors
- Meningiomas (tumors coming from the lining of the brain) (tumors arising from the lining of the brain)
- Craniopharyngiomas (a form of tumor generated from pituitary gland tissue) (a type of tumor derived from pituitary gland tissue)
- Cysts in Rathke’s cleft (benign cystic lesions that affect mainly the pituitary gland)
- Chordomas (rare, slow-growing malignant tumors at the base of the skull) (rare, slow-growing malignant tumors at the base of the skull)
- Rhinorrhea and spinal fluid leakage
Dr. Deep Parmar Is the Best Endoscopic Brain Surgery in Ahmedabad
Name of Neurosurgeon: DR DEEP PARMAR
1) KHYATI MULTI-SPECIALITY HOSPITAL, OPP RAJPATH CLUB, AHMEDABAD, 380015
2) LIFELINE MULTI SPECIALITY HOSPITAL, VANDEMATARAM ROAD, GOTA, 382481